Jukka Leskelä, CEO of Finnish Energy, will attend the first Energy Evening in Pyhäjoki, as Fennovoima’s guest. During the evening’s public meeting, Leskelä will explain how the electricity production structure has developed and how new technologies and services will affect electricity consumption of households both in Finland and around the world.
As a representative of an energy industry interest group, Leskelä will highlight the goal of climate neutrality; achieving this requires both different forms of energy and centralised production solutions.
“In Finland, energy issues have developed quickly in a way the society has hoped for, and I think we are heading in a good direction. Households’ own energy solutions, such as air source heat pumps and solar panels, are great opportunities but do not change the big picture. We still need centralised production solution,” Leskelä says.
Finnish Energy is an interest group for the industrial and labour market policy of the energy sector. It represents companies that produce, procure, distribute and sell electricity, district heat and district cooling, and related services. Leskelä has acted as the CEO of Finnish Energy since 2016.
Fennovoima’s Energy Evening will take place in Pyhäjoki high school’s Pauhasali hall on Thursday, 2nd of March from 5 p.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Energy Evenings continue the traditional theme evenings in Pyhäjoki, but with a larger scope: in addition to the Hanhikivi 1 project, we talk about e.g. the future of the energy industry and electricity as well as climate change and carbon neutral electricity production.
Fennovoima’s Communications Officer Jaana Kangas, tel. 020 757 9210
- Hanhikivi 1
- Nuclear Power
- Fennovoima as an Employer
- A great place to work
- Training for our specialists
- International workplace
- For Students
- Open Positions
- Project Manager, Operations and Maintenance Systems
- Power Plant Building Manager, Nuclear Island
- Project Manager, Nuclear Island
- Quality Control (QC) Manager, Quality Department
- Operation Planning Engineer
- Licensing Engineer, Licensing Specialist
- HR Specialist
- IT Coordinator
- Technical Coordinator
- Electrical Engineers, High Voltage Systems
- Electrical Engineer, Building Electrical Systems
- Automation (I&C) Engineer
- Project Manager, Diesel Generators, Nuclear Island
- Open application
- Control Room Engineer, Control Room Specialist