The Fennovoima Code of Conduct and Company Policy define the responsible way to implement all our operations that everyone working for Fennovoima is required to adhere to in all actions.
Fennovoima Company Policy supports our mission, vision and strategy. The Company Policy defines the principles according to which Fennovoima takes care of nuclear and radiation safety in its functions, ensures the quality of its activities and products and secures the working environment. It includes aspects related to nuclear and radiation safety, quality, human resources, occupational health and safety, security, environment, and communication. Our Company Policy was last updated in 2016. A revision of the Company Policy is made on a regular basis, according to the Fennovoima Management System processes.
The Code of Conduct incorporates the principles that are considered in all our actions and operations. Our Code of Conduct follows the principles of the United Nations’ Global Compact, which promotes sustainable development and responsible business practices. Fennovoima expects its suppliers to comply with Fennovoima’s Code of Conduct and with all applicable laws.
Compliance and Ethics Program
Fennovoima’s Compliance and Ethics Program includes the following main components:
- Strategic and organizational planning: The Fennovoima Compliance and Ethics Program is based on inserting compliance into the overall strategy process and into the existing Fennovoima Management System and the related risk register. The Compliance Program is approved by the Board of Directors while the CEO acts as its owner. The CEO is responsible for the Compliance and Ethics Program being executed and complied with in Fennovoima. Regular reports are made to the Board of Directors about the fulfilment of the Program principles.
- Compliance function: A team of compliance professionals provides advice and training to the Fennovoima organization.
- Policies and instructions: The Fennovoima Compliance and Ethics Program includes the Code of Conduct and the instructions on prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing and the instructions on anti-bribery and corruption.
- Compliance tool: A new independent whistleblowing tool that enables anonymous reporting was developed during 2016. The tool has been made available to allow employees sharing concerns relating to compliance even anonymously. The Compliance Function is responsible for evaluating all received reports of suspected compliance violations and ensuring that appropriate action is always taken.
- Training: A training on compliance matters is compulsory to all Fennovoima employees.
Our approach to anti-bribery and anti-corruption
Fennovoima operates fairly and does not offer improper benefits to others; nor do we accept them. No employee may directly or indirectly offer, promise, grant or authorize the giving of money or anything else of value to anyone to influence official action or to obtain an improper advantage. Any offer, promise, grant or gift must comply with applicable laws and Fennovoima's instructions.
Business party identification procedures are a part of internal risk assessment. Fennovoima takes potential cases of corruption seriously and responds to them professionally. All necessary actions will be started without delay.
Our approach to money laundering
Fennovoima is committed to international standards of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing and complies with applicable laws. We have set up appropriate risk-based identification and due diligence procedures for suppliers and other contracting parties. These are designed to minimize risks of receiving, or being involved in arrangements where funds come from illegal sources.
Fennovoima is committed to reporting any violations to the authorities.